All Reader Reviews of...
12 E. 22nd St., New York, NY, 10010
Great food with just enough adventure.
By Webbie9324 on 9/13/2009
This place deserves to be better recognized than it is, especially for its dinner menu. For those wanting to try something new or interesting, the raw bar offers many unusual selections and the appetizers such as escargot, smoked bluefish, and salt cod croquettes keep the eater guessing while still being incredibly well-made. The ideal meal here would be the Grilled Asparagus salad or the Red Wine Braised Short Ribs, followed by literally any of the entrees, followed by the Buttermilk Waffle with homemade nutella and mascarpone ice cream. To die for! This place is comfortable, unpretentious, and bursting with damn good food.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Here Are 2016’s James Beard Restaurant and Chef Award Winners
- FBI Looking for Man Who Sprinkled ‘Unknown Liquid Substance’ Around Whole Foods
- Taliban Fighters Are Unimpressed With McDonald’s Food
- Grumpy Del Taco Manager Fired After Not Understanding How Easy It Is to Post a Video Online
- Will Chickpea Water Be the Next Kale?