All Reader Reviews of...
359 McDonald Ave., Brooklyn, NY, 11218
nr. Albemarle Rd.
To the guy who wrote the above review:
By epashley on 1/5/2011
I love Am-Thai. The food is great, the service is quick, and the prices are low. Maybe you shouldn't order out if you can't provide an adequate tip. Have you EVER had to work in the service industry? What an asshole.
This place is run by lunatics
By TA11218 on 12/28/2010
Alright, so the blizzard hit and I decide to order in. I order two nights in a row, tip the dude double the first night (there's a lot of snow out!), run out of cash the second time, so the tip was pocket change. That sucked, but I'm snowed in too; made a mental note to compensate the guy next time and got on with my day. End of story, right? Wrong. Two hours after my order, the delivery guy's boss decides to give me a ring. Calls three times in a row, drags me out of the shower (is there a fire? did someone die? what the hell?) and starts ranting about how my tip wasn't sufficient. I try to speak, she won't let me, so that was that. Anyway, I guess I'm scrooge today? Would have been nice if she had called up yesterday with a love sonnet, after I tipped her guy twice. Instead I have a new passive-aggressive auntie, all because I dared spend my last $80 on her food. The food's okay, but holy moly, what a minefield. Unless you like being treated like dirt, give em a pass and grab a meal from somewhere else. Thai Tony's is a few blocks away and offers similar quality with none of the crazy.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Ana Gasteyer Loves a Good Mint Julep
- Starbucks New ‘Secret’ Drink Is a Ghastly Purple Nightmare
- World’s Worst Customer Injures Himself and 4 Others After Accidentally Firing His Gun at a Restaurant
- A Chef Explains Why He’s Suddenly Closing His Much-Loved Brooklyn Restaurant
- More Whole Foods Products Recalled Over Food-Safety Fears