All Reader Reviews of...
686 Ninth Ave., New York, NY, 10036
nr. 47th St.
Amarone - A Region Not Too Far
By dougkozak on 12/12/2006
Pre-theatre dining at Amarone is an enjoyable, and price-smart, theatre-district experience. My wife and I each ordered Caesar Salad prepared with anchovies; for entrees, I opted for the evening special - veal chop stuffed with spinach and topped with melted smoked cheese; my companion selected the red snapper, complete with clams, mussels, and shrimp in a white wine and tomato broth. Both offerings were appropriately prepared and hit the mark for quantity, quality and taste. Our by the glass wine selections included: Canaletto Pinot Grigio and Viberti Dolcetto, both very drinkable house wines. A shared Tiramisu dessert - centered in a ribbon of strawberry coulis - was a perfect finish to the meal - light and not too sweet. With cappuccino and tip our total came to $150. Did I mention the service was professional and attentive?
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu