All Reader Reviews of...
66 Mott St., New York, NY, 10013
nr. Bayard St.
Can you reserve a Peking Duck?
By jfr3x on 12/30/2011
It's a pretty good place, but I have one complaint. We went here over the holidays with a group of 8 people, and when I made the reservation, I told them that we were coming for their Peking Duck. The person on the phone said "no problem" and told us that 8:30 was available, so we took it. We got there, ordered apps and drinks, and by the time we ordered our main course, it was about 9pm. When we ordered our Peking Duck, which we had already told the waiter we were going to do when we sat down, he said that it was too late. He may have just meant that they ran out and not that it was actually too late in the evening, but we were all very disappointed since that's the reason we came there. Next time, I am telling them over the phone that we want two Peking Ducks and make sure that they don't run out, and even order it before we get drinks so that we have a chance to go somewhere else should the kitchen be unable to accommodate. Still, the rest of their food is great. The chicken corn soup is bland, but the Honey Glazed Crispy Chicken with Ginger is amazing and almost made up for the lack of duck. I would go back... good food and nice people... but get your Peking Ducks in a row early before you commit.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu