All Reader Reviews of...
34 Eighth Ave., New York, NY, 10014
nr. Jane St.
By DMANBURGER on 6/21/2010
When scribes first leaked this offshoot of Dell Anima story, I expected it to be some secondary wine bar with limited personality- To the contrary, Anfora is in a class of its own. Anfora-named after the ancient urn used to carry vintners nectar, offers some unique wines to savor: like the Chateau Masur-a light ruby textured blend which is made by a man who routinely dodges gunfire in Lebanon, to an Austrian crisp dry white- Nicolaihof Wachau, reflecting its makers experience that dates back 2000 years. Vibrant young owner Joe Campanale is involved in many ventures-he also is currently owner of Dell Anima and L Artusi. Campanale is front of house, his personality like many of the wines that he serves, is full of life and passion, he enthusiastically circulates the room chatting and greeting guests. With brick walls and the scent of fresh leather, Anfora features an open bar, with large dark mauve colored over-sized couches, with low cocktail bar tables. The main bar is accompanied by a bartender and a chef, they serve up a menu featuring small tastings like; sliced aged Speck, various cheeses, bread and butter pickles, Penne all Amatriciana Crostata, Grilled Cheese with onions and Lamb Sliders
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu