All Reader Reviews of...
170 E. 81st St., New York, NY, 10028
nr. Third Ave.
Best Italian in NYC
By WHITEY_1032 on 12/13/2011
The food is excellent, the owner makes you feel right at home, and the ambiance is just perfect. If you have not been to this little gem, I suggest you go! Try the Spaghetti and Meatballs, Braised Short Ribs, and the Branzino!
By petereiatrou on 12/15/2010
the best all way around
A gem. One of my favorites in the City
By amelialocks on 4/15/2009
What an incredible little gem of a restaurant. We have been a few times and are going back again soon. The fish and pastas are always perfectly cooked. Attention and care is given to everything that comes out of the kitchen. The bar, and dining room are intimate, and cozy. This little place has a familiar feel to it, perfectly balanced with classic and delicious cuisine in a very comfortable setting. IÂ’m shocked that more reviews havenÂ’t been written about it, but the ones Â‘in the knowÂ’ would probably like to keep this fabulous little Italian restaurant the secret gem that it is. The banana torte for dessert should not be missed! The only criticism I have is the service, which can sometimes be cold and abrupt. I think one night they were understaffed and the waitress was stressed, but aside from that, no complaints!
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu