All Reader Reviews of...
1800 Broadway, New York, NY, 10019
nr. 58th St.
By nate29 on 4/10/2012
The service and attitude of this place is not to be believed. The waiters NEVER smile, or come back to check on you - once you have been served. I thought to speak to the manager, but he looked more miserable than the wait-staff. Food is just OK, but there are too many (better) places around this area than to be frustrated at this place.
look at your tab they do cheat
By rps888 on 10/5/2011
I went there one weekend to just have coffee and dessert with my husband a and a friend. Got charged $45. I paid, too bashful to ask why it reached that with my friend around and just thought to myself i'll look at the receipt when i get home maybe this place is really really expensive being that it is in Columbus Circle. Found out they dont give you the itemized receipt but rather just the total tab. I was really curious why it reached that so i googled their menu. Turns out it was just $30.40 add nyc tax to that (if it applies for take out too since we ate at the tables outside which wasn't theirs near the bike lanes) at 2.70 totals to $34 tops! SO DISAPPOINTING!!! too bad i cant go back and argue since i dont have proof but will definitely not go back again! Food was just ok nothing to brag about.
By montague on 10/14/2010
I met a friend here for coffee last week. We ordered coffee at the counter when we got there and then went to sit down in the nearly empty dining area to enjoy them. After about 2 minutes a server walks up to us and says "sorry, this is table service only. But you can sit at the bar if you want". I say "Sure" but then look over and see the bar has no open seats so I say, sorry we didn't realize it was table service only, so you mind if we stay here and finish our coffee since the bar is full? (also note, i am nine months pregnant). The answer? No. I asked again, pointing out that the it's 3:30pm on a Wednesday and there are only a couple of tables in use in the entire restaurant. I still was told no! So we had to get up and leave! Never going back. Bad bad bad service.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu