- READER REVIEWS
All Reader Reviews of...
510 W. 52nd St., New York, NY, 10019
nr. Tenth Ave.
This place is complete rubbish
By winespecwriter on 9/22/2011
Ok, for starters, the waitstaff couldn't possibly know less about wine, and are completely rude. Secondly, the chef has to be some kind of culinary flunk.. Seriously... Dry pretzels, bland dipping sauces.. I've had 3 meat dishes there, and each one was a complete disappointment. Definitely don't take a date there unless you want to be completely embarrassed. Sadly, i cannot recommend this place.. Fortunately, there are some great places close by.. like Caselula wine bar.
do you like your red wine served hot??
By omnasc on 3/29/2010
for a wine bar you would think the wines would be served at the appropriate temperature. we had two different reds by the glass and were dissappointed that they were definitely warmer than 55 degrees. the chocolate chip cookies also were bland and nothing special even though warm.
Cute new wine/beer bar
By lulunyc0418 on 11/17/2009
Came here one evening before a concert for beer, wine & tapas. Loved the cheese plates and the s'mores!
Gorgeous Spot, Great Wine List
By mangusta on 11/1/2009
This place is drop dead gorgeous. Very much a bar when you walk in, its got tons of steel (literally, in the form of a catwalk and a 2 story winewall) and slate, yet it manages to be really warm and inviting. There's also a super-plush and cozy lounge to the side where we sat and barely noticed 3 hours going by! And the wine list is awesome. Not huge, but covers most bases and has some really quirky and interesting stuff that seemed fairly priced. With cool staff and a pretty solid snacky food menu, I'm delighted they picked my neighborhood to set up shop.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Classic Desserts Are Returning to New York Menus
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations