All Reader Reviews of...
50 Central Park South, New York, NY, 10019
at Sixth Ave.
Great lunch value, but...
By huntleysf on 9/22/2003
...this place was dull swank. A typical Ritz experience, safe and expensive, taking no chances. Prix fixe lunch is a bargan, given the lovely though not sparkling decor, the quiet atmosphere, and the touches of luxury. But the scene is sleepy compared to Jean Georges, just a few blocks away.
Ooh La Shangri-La
By hungryjacq on 7/25/2003
Whatever you do....GET the Chef's Tasting Menu. You can even substitute if you think you won't like one of the courses. True, you'll be there for hours, but it's definitely time well spent. The foie gras was so good it left me teary-eyed! Handy tip: PACE YOURSELF. There's way more food than you could ever eat, but you'll want to eat it all. Don't want to peter out with four courses left to go!
Sensational but stuffy.
By Exuparem on 1/28/2003
Atelier is the type of establishment where you sit VERY straight before you even sip some of your San Pellegrino. The food is phenomenal, with very inventive use of classic ingredients. The service is impeccably professional, but the general atmosphere is quite stuffy compared to other restaurants of this caliber. If you miss the ambience of Cello, you've got a new place to go.
By celeric951 on 1/13/2003
this is by far the next generation of the new 4 stars, by the end of 2003 this restaurant will be on the top 5 in New York city.The chef is a genius and the dining room staff are all be trained in 4 stars in NYC. Good luck you all deserve the succes
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu