All Reader Reviews of...
359 Bleecker St., New York, NY, 10014
nr. Charles St.
What a find! August in April
By Hask on 4/30/2004
Seeing Barbuto from the street was enough for me to look for another restaurant. My companions and I happened upon August and were welcomed warmly by the staff. Dinner was wonderful! We started with octopus roasted with onions and chickpeas, chicken liver pate on thick crusty bread followed by pasta with ramps and morels---all wonderful. Entres included a pork chop in a sauce of green apple and horseradish and succulent short ribs which were certainly enjoyed. The food menu and the wine menu were both concise but covered everyone's tastes. I selected a fine burgundy from a separate specially price menu. The staff was very attentive and extremely helpful. I can't wait to return.
Very good but Very Small
By Ali on 3/23/2004
The food was excellent and the service friendly and knowledgeable but the space is so small (no reservations) that people waiting for a table are pratically in your lap. And is really too noisy for a romantic type evening. But the food is still worth a trip.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Colonia Verde’s Next Sunday Asado Features Alex Raij and Fany Gerson
- Levain Bakery, and Its Tremendous Cookies, Are Moving to a Bigger Space
- Starbucks Introduces Nitrogen-Infused Cold Brew, Just Wants to Be One of the Cool Kids
- ‘Renegade’ Ice-Cream Trucks Terrorizing Mister Softee Drivers
- Classic Desserts Are Returning to New York Menus