- READER REVIEWS
All Reader Reviews of...
11 W. 31st St., New York, NY, 10016
nr. Fifth Ave.
The worst customer service ever.
By anna.kay on 1/21/2015
My friend and I had a dinner at Ayza on 31st Street on December 17, 2014 before catching a show. Our waitress was nice, however by the end of the dinner there was no sight of her and since we were in a rush a bill was brought to us by another person. My friend was paying with her card, and I was paying with cash. I put my share of the tip inside the check cover along with my friend's card. My friend was planing to charge her share of the tip on the card. The same man took the check cover with the bill, my tip and my friend's card to do the transaction. After he returned he had a puzzled expression on his face. The first question he asked was: "Was everything alright during the dinner? Did you enjoy your food and the service?" we replied: "Yes, we did." Then he continued: " Do you know that by New York State law you have to tip at least 15% if you are satisfied with the service provided?" Our jaws literally dropped! We did not even have a chance to finish paying the bill! My friend did not even sign the receipt yet! She still had to write down how much tip she was going to give! And the man went on telling us off like little kids saying that the poor waitress that served us only relies on the tips and that he counted the cash in the check cover and it's only covers a 10% tip and so on. The man made such a scene that all the people from the other tables were staring at us! The way we were treated was NOT ACCEPTABLE. It was rude, disrespectful, assuming and just horrible.
By jerrki on 4/16/2013
Amazing food, excellent value. There I said it. I'm begging you though, please don't eat here. I don't like to wait for a table.
wine and chocolate
By lorasant on 2/2/2012
Whatâ€™s not to love about wine and chocolate? The bartender makes really great suggestions for pairing wine and chocolate. This place also has a cool table thatâ€™s actually part of the bar, so half of your group sits behind the bar. We didnâ€™t get to sit there (we sat at the actual bar), but maybe weâ€™ll do that next time, and there will definitely be a next time!
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu