All Reader Reviews of...
1 Seventh Ave. South, New York , NY, 10014
at Carmine St.
great for late night
By elemala on 12/4/2013
Great place to go or a late night drink and chocolate platter. Very solid wine by the glass.
It's a great place to celebrate with a group.
By habitat on 10/26/2012
3. We had a great time here! I came with a group of 6, and we were served by one of the owners, who was super helpful. He offered to put together cheese / meat / chocolate platters to go well with the wine we had chosen, and everything was delicious. It's a great place to celebrate with a group.
By valeriew on 3/15/2012
I love a good tempranillo, and theyâ€™ve got a nice one by the glass. Iâ€™m sad that I didnâ€™t ask for the label or vintage...but after three glasses, I donâ€™t think I had enough of my wits about me to do so ;)
By sopger on 2/19/2012
Came here for the ladies night special. Really fun, but I guess we were expecting it to be more than just a chocolate shot and a strawberry. Those things are fun, but most ladiesâ€™ nights in the city have 50% off drink specials. Iâ€™d much rather have that.
By anabanana0714 on 1/18/2012
Outstanding from start to finish. My server for the evening was attentive, but didnâ€™t hover. It took me a while to order because everything on the menu looked so delicious, but she gave me some great recommendations. I went with the meze tasting with the choice of three items (white chocolate & celery roote mousse, roasted French brie crouton, and the plum duck rilette). All three were amazing, but the white chocolate celery mousse impressed me the most. I was actually sad when I finished it. For my entree (or â€śBigger Bites,â€ť as the menu calls it), I had the braised beef short rib, which featured a dark chocolate sauce. Um, wow. I pretty much licked my plate clean. Rounding out the night, I had the chocolate fondue paired with a sweet wine flight. My favorite of the fondue dippers was the pound cake, which soaked up all the chocolate like a sponge, which then exploded in my mouth when I took a bite. Delicious. My ice Riesling was also fantastic. I will definitely be coming back so that I can try all of the other amazing looking things on the menu!
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu