All Reader Reviews of...
110 Waverly Pl., New York, NY, 10011
nr. Sixth Ave.
Worth a break from carbo-phobia.
By Exuparem on 1/28/2003
Although it took almost a month to get an 8pm reservation, it was definitely worth the wait to eat at Babbo. The pasta tasting menu that we tried almost had me in tears with the fluffiness of the pastas and the complex richness of the sauces. Being a French wine snob, I was also very impressed by the bottle of Emiglia-Romana wine recommended by the sommelier. A very pleasant dining experience, which I hope to repeat in the near future!
By petrushka on 1/25/2003
Meat is featured in virtually every dish on the menu, so come prepared for big flavors - no sissy stuff. Everything we had - warm salad appetizer, gnocchi with veal ragu, the rabbit - was executed to perfection. Though decor suggests a neighborhood place the prices are anything but neighborly.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Introducing the Pie Sundae, Which You Can Go and Eat â€‹Right Now
- CafÃ© Henrie’s Light, Bright Dinner Menu Launches Tonight
- Mayor de Blasio Urges New Yorkers to Avoid Chick-fil-A
- FBI Apprehends Whole Foods Customer It Says Sprayed Mouse Poison in the Store
- Grim New Study Says Some Pacific Oysters Contain ‘a Cocktail of Pharmaceuticals’