All Reader Reviews of...
170 Bleecker St., New York, NY, 10012
at Sullivan St.
Extremely Rude Waiters!
By Stefani_The_Germ on 5/5/2011
Came here for lunch on Cinco de Mayo and had the worst dining experience in 12 years of living in NYC. At least 40 minutes had passed from the time I ordered ans they didn't bring our margaritas (or even water). I had to get up to find the waiter, who then told me that he was too busy to check on my order. When he finally came to the table (VERY agitated), I asked where our drinks were and he literally yelled at me: "DO YOU SEE WHAT IS GOING ON HERE? I'LL GET TO YOU AFTER I TAKE CARE OF OTHER PEOPLE. IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THAT, YOU CAN STAY OR YOU CAN GO." I've never been spoken to by anyone like that before -- much less a waiter at a Mexican restaurant on Cinco de Mayo. Seriously, how do you speak to customers that way and expect to stay in business?!?!
By 678 on 4/3/2009
The food is excellent. The drinks are strong and well worth the value. Very few places you can eat dinner for under $10. Try their flavored margaritas and mojitos. They are out of this world!
By rubenmonkey on 12/16/2008
I ate here for lunch last friday, and didn't eat again until Monday morning. And not because it was filling. In fact, you might say it was quite the opposite. If you are considering eating here, do make sure you can take the next few days off. Also I should add the food is really unremarkable, not worth the long course you'll spend with anti-biotics. I hope you'll avoid this place. After last weekend's debacle, I certainly will.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu