All Reader Reviews of...
431 Third Ave., New York, NY, 10016
at 30th St.
My favorite place in Murray Hill
By suzettekinglafleur on 7/15/2010
I frequently hit the Banc Cafe, and the Country Salad with grilled salmon is my favorite thing - so many place serve sub-par (aka old) salmon in the city, and I admit I'm a seafood snob, but I've never had that problem here. I have also enjoyed the grilled tuna wrap, and the steak and cheese flat bread! When I brought my 10 year old niece who wasn't ready for some interesting food, they made something special just for her off menu. Recently I had the cucumber martini (divine!) and the specialty cocktails they had for the Sex In The City movie were fantastic. This is not the usual Irish Frat Boy pub - the food is thoughtful, and the drinks are tasty!
By Chelsea1970 on 10/22/2009
I just moved here and wanted to check out the place. Everything started out ok, sat in an awesome booth in the back, the waitress was slow and kept stroking her blond hair, which was not hygenic at ALL, the food was great but very disappointing atmosphere. After dinner we stepped outside to smoke, I heard this guy with glasses tell one of the busboy to "not give him that look or he will send him back to MEXICO!" what a rude comment to be said and that too with customers around! I'm assuming that it was a manager who said that since the busboy didn't even dare look back at him! THAT whole scene completely flushed this place down the drain for me and my friend circle. I work in the area too and was looking for a place to mingle with friends and co-workers.That disrespectful manager made my decision on this place easy.I wonder how he was hired with that attitude or if he hires dirty waitresses.People please go to Cinema or Tonic down the block....way better atmosphere!
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Here’s What to Expect When Alinea Reopens
- Raccoon Lodge Closing on June 30
- Starbucks’s Plan to ‘Revitalize’ Ferguson Might Actually Work
- Pizza Inside a Delivery Box Made of Pizza Changes Everything
- Grub Street’s Restaurant Power Rankings: Jose Garces Opens, New New Nordic in Midtown, a 4-Star Tea Shop, and More