All Reader Reviews of...
172 Bedford Ave., Brooklyn, NY, 11211
nr. N. 7th St.
You won't regret it!
By lncnguyen on 11/3/2010
I have tried most, if not all, of the banh mi at Banh Mi 172. I am a native Vietnamese and I have to admit that I really like their banh mi here. The price is very moderate ($5.42 including tax) since a banh mi in Chinatown costs the same nowadays. Plus, Banh Mi 172 doesn't add MSG to their food! Their ingredients are fresh and their bread goes extremely well with the toppings. I go there often and I don't mind recommending this place to my friends and family.
Lamest banh mi in town
By amasupi on 9/11/2009
Had the fish cake and the BBQ pork sandwiches. Super dry and no flavor in either (although I asked for both spicy) - just a couple of veg shreds and rubbery protein. Pork was 80% pure fat (thank god for the dog). Definitely avoid - many better options in the area.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Restaurateur Jailed for Serving Cheap Curry That Killed a Customer
- There’s Now a Restaurant on a Floating Barge in Greenpoint
- New York Times Demands Sheeple Wake Up and Quit Worshipping Breakfast
- Bourdain and Obama Chilled Over Noodles and Beer in Vietnam
- Beyond Meat Debuts Its First ‘Fresh’ Veggie Burger at Whole Foods