All Reader Reviews of...
89 Mercer St., New York, NY, 10012
nr. Spring St.
Too Bad You can't give Negative ratings to this place
By MJB1040 on 8/16/2009
I just had the most atrocious experience in this place. I ordered a dish where the main food was supposed to be Scottish Salmon but actually tasted more like chalky cardboard that had probably spent the last month or so in their refrigerator uncovered along with soggy blackbread and dryed out cream cheese - this is known as their SSS sandwich - I also ordered a split of Pommery champagne in the pop bottle which was downright sour On top of this we had a nasty waitress who couldn't give us the time of day followed by a berating by the manager who claimed that the waitress complained that we were nasty to her when i made her take back my dish I eat in nice restaurants all the time and, while having been in the business many years ago which makes me more critical than most patrons would be, I don't complain unless there is something extremely wrong. I usually also forgive the food if the service is nice but this place was batting -0-
By sohodutch on 5/27/2009
Food was excellent, and atmosphere a lot of fun... Went on a Saturday night, and got a table right away...sat upstairs.. a little cramped, but food was so good it was worth it.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu