All Reader Reviews of...
142 W. 10th St., New York, NY, 10014
nr. Waverly Pl.
Uninspiring & Overpriced
By southernyankeebelle on 4/11/2009
Recently went for dinner after they proclaimed themselves to be a "bistro" and was very disappointed with the uninspiring menu choices and pricing. I ordered the lamb parpadelle and black truffle mac. Both dishes were highly over-salted and the pasta in both was undercooked/rubbery. The dessert menu was equally uninspiring, so I passed. The wine menu (by the glass) was not bad - I had a glass of the shiraz. The only saving grace to this place was the impeccably attentive service and nice dÃ©cor. Nonetheless, I would still not recommend this place.
Lost it without Ramirez
By forgetdomani on 1/2/2009
Dined here Dec 28 and the food was simply awful. The pasta had been prepared much earlier and "warmed over"...disgusting. The beef was stone cold. Not a soul was in the restaurant. Deathwatch on this place.
By ny8078 on 3/21/2008
Awesome food--very unique. The slow-cooked salmon in a tomato sauce was amazing--much better than it sounds. And the complimentary snack at the beginning--brioche with brie and truffle oil was really to die for. Drinks were great--sangria martini was tangy but not too sweet at all. The waitress was very sweet and attentive. That said, prices are kind of high--but at the end it was totally worth it. yum
By portablereader on 3/7/2008
Bar Blanc was the eating experience I had been yearning for for sometime. It is owned by a consortium of old Bouley employees and is a pleasant mix of Bouley standard and downtown atmosphere. Read the full review with what I ordered etc....here.......http://www.huqleberry.com/nycm/2008/3/1/bar-blancamong-other-things.html
Best new restaurant, hands down.
By s0427 on 1/27/2008
I was a bit apprehensive when my friend booked dinner there on a Thursday night because I had already heard so many negative reviews. Let me start off by saying everyone who worked at the restaurant was kind and anxious to take care of us. Forget anything you heard about poor service. Our waitress was pleasent and very prompt. As for the food...WOW! Amazing. I don't know how else to put it. I've been to just about every restaurant in Manhattan, so I know what's good and what's a waste of money. We began with scallops which were cooked perfectly and tasted so tender and buttery. The lasagna I ordered was outstanding-I literally inhaled it in about 2 minutes. My friend got the chicken which was equally delicious. The desert was pretty good, not my favorite, but I was already so satisfied from dinner I really didn't need the desert. Bottom line, it's so worth the trip. The service is not slow, the atmosphere is calm and the crowd is normal.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Here’s What Bourdain Learned by Eating Noodles With President Obama
- The Future of Vegan Food Could Include Artificial Oysters and Veggie-Based Blue Cheese
- Founder of Acclaimed Whiskey Brand WhistlePig Ousted Over Fraud Accusations
- Olive Garden Stakes Its Future on ‘Spaghetti Pie’
- Pravda, Another Formerly Trendy Soho Relic, Will Close Next Month