All Reader Reviews of...
186 Ave. B, New York, NY, 10009
nr. 12th St.
By ryefitz25 on 8/3/2012
My boyfriend and I stumbled upon Barbone by the ways of a suggestion that we should try their tasting menu - five courses for $40. And we were pleasantly surprised, the food is super good if you like Italian and trying some new and different things like the duck ravioli in a balsamic reduction - delicious. The veal meatballs were also very good. Additionally, we asked for a wine recommendation and the gave us a wonderful one and it was only $37. If you want Italian, try this place. Service was also excellent.
Delicious Homemade Italian
By harra365 on 2/16/2010
I have eaten a lot of Italian in the city and Barbone is as solid a meal as it comes. The homemade pastas are so delicious (I recommend the crab ravioli and cavetelli) and the Lamb shank is melt in your mouth delicious. I rarely go back to a restaurant because there are just too many in the city to try, but I must say I have gone back to take others here. A great meal and the prices are hard to beat.
By towens on 5/13/2008
I have lived in the city for nearly 5 years and acquired several favorite spots; this is at the top of my "100% guaranteed great meal" list. The food is simple and fresh - all pastas are homemade on-site each morning with the exception of the spaghetti and linguini. My favorite dishes are the asparagus fries and red beet gnocchi. The homemade cheesecake mascarpone is out of this world. The owner, Alberto, is a true gentleman and caters to his diner's needs. We've taken our parents, relatives, friends and acquaintances with us to Bar Bone and have always had a fantastic time and meal. You will truly not be disappointed.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Here’s What to Expect When Alinea Reopens
- Raccoon Lodge Closing on June 30
- Starbucks’s Plan to ‘Revitalize’ Ferguson Might Actually Work
- Pizza Inside a Delivery Box Made of Pizza Changes Everything
- Grub Street’s Restaurant Power Rankings: Jose Garces Opens, New New Nordic in Midtown, a 4-Star Tea Shop, and More