All Reader Reviews of...
176 Seventh Ave., New York, NY, 10011
nr. 20th St.
Good Place for After Work Drinks or a Date
By afaulhaber on 2/4/2010
I enjoyed this place. It fits a nice niche, very pretty, warm decor, many wines available by the glass (they all had great descriptions which made me want to try them all), along with a simple sandwich menu. The food and wine weren't phenominal, but I thoroughly enjoyed the experience. It did get noisy by about 7pm when the place was completely full (with mostly women). We asked to try several of the wines before ordering and were graciously accomodated.
Cute place, bad service
By panagisv on 1/7/2008
My friends and I had dinner at Veloce on 12/20/07. It was quite cramped and very busy, but that's understandable given the location. The food/wine was adequate. Nothing special, but certainly not bad. The bar staff was very rude to us in the end though over our credit card payments, insisting we split the check over fewer cards. I understand bars pay fees to credit card companies, but ultimately if they don't want to, they shouldn't advertise they accept cards and in any case, they ought to be nicer to their customers. I won't be going back.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations
- Broadway’s Megan Hilty Eats Her First Proper Dinner at Sardi’s