All Reader Reviews of...
474 Bergen St., Brooklyn, NY, 11217
nr. Flatbush Ave.
Pretty good food that costs way too much
By theslopeisdope on 1/21/2010
I went here shortly after it opened and haven't been back. My hot dog(with chili and coleslaw on top), fries and soda were great. Not amazing, but definitely worth doing again. The $14 and change they cost though was not. There are other places, in Park Slope even, where you can get the same quality for much less.
By ian_pink on 10/29/2009
The basic dogs here are very good despite the bizarre things patrons are encouraged to defile them with--"chickpea roasted mushroom topping" perhaps being the worst offender. House pickles are a nice thought but too acidic, and the chicken sandwich, a Frankenstien made from various parts of the bird and pressed into a loose wet patty, will give you nightmares.
Excellent hot dogs, horrible value
By seery2 on 10/9/2009
I really wanted to like this place. The beers are cheap and good, the food is great (we loved everything we ordered), but the prices are ridiculous, especially the sides. The sides were extremely small and pricey. A side of beans was literally two tablespoons. Laughable. This is the kind of place where you feel like you could get dinner for around $10 (its hot dogs after all) but you will probably end up spending $20. I appreciate the slow food nature of this place, and the environmentalist slant, but I would rather not feel like i am being fleeced.
go for beer and not the pork
By KnifeandFork on 9/4/2009
Finding six point apollo regularly served anywhere is as exciting as finding el dorado. But the dogs on the other hand - leave something to be desired. The appeal is in the all natural local "slow food" blah blah blah. But let's be serious - if you care about all that too much then you probably would not be eating a hot dog in the first place. The place still has charm though and they do have a lot of different things on the menu (put some spice in the pulled pork!). I will try the breakfast and see if that is a better option. I live right around the corner and pass it on my way to work daily. The place is called "bark" and I wish the dogs were something I could rave about - but they are not. I was disappointed.
Tasty dogs for a good price!
By marden on 8/19/2009
I live around the corner from Bark and am quite excited that it opened! Service is fast, beer selection is excellent and cheap (who doesn't want a 6 Points for $3?!?!), the decor is beautiful, their environmental mindedness is great (you can throw stuff out by recycling, compost, etc), and portion sizes are perfect! Plus, it all tastes great! 3 of us went in and had 3 different types of dogs and 3 different types of fries and were all super happy. Definitely worth stopping in!
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Silicon Valley Start-Up Working to Create a World Where All Pizza Is Cooked by Robots
- Japanese Chain Debuts Predictably Bonkers Ghostbusters Burgers
- Brooklyn’s Take Root Will Host Its First Designer Pop-up This Weekend
- The Stonewall Inn Is Now a National Monument
- IHOP Staffers Turned Their Entire Restaurant Into an All-out Brawl