- READER REVIEWS
All Reader Reviews of...
150B W. 10th St., New York, NY, 10014
at Waverly Pl.
By shiftypeco on 1/18/2009
My friends and I had intended to go to P*ong next door for some hot drinks, but finding it closed, we quickly headed into Batch. It was a nice surprise to find out that Batch is run by the owner of P*ong. Batch offers some original pastries--notably the Salty Carrot Caramel cupcake and the Hot Chocolate Lollipop, which consists of fudge on a stick that you swizzle into a cup of hot milk! These sweets are pricy, but they're worth it. I wish the cafe had more seating--seating was mainly limited to one big window seat. Consider this more of a take-out pastry shop.
Decent cupcakes with a lot of attitude
By Mark5136 on 11/25/2008
I am always disappointed with this Batch. While their cupcakes are always tasty, the service is always terrible. The owner and his mother have never been anything but rude and I feel that it always puts a bad taste in my mouth that even the cupcakes cannot cleanse. As a local, with dozens of cupcake shops to choose from I have finally given up on Batch and I will never darken their door again.
Looking to rediscover sweets? Batch is the spot.
By crod1a on 11/18/2008
Just the right sweet for even the toughest sweets critic. Excellent blends of fruits and creams. Phenomenal flavor and artistic presentation. You can even request a ridiculously long message to put on a cake. I did.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu