All Reader Reviews of...
17 State St., New York, NY, 10004
nr. Pearl St.
Wonderful Wedding Venue
By purplesamcat on 9/10/2009
We just held our wedding at Battery Gardens over Labor Day weekend and it was PERFECT! The weather was beautiful, the view was magnificent, the decor was spectacular, the food was delicious and the service was RIGHT ON. Our guests never had to wait more than a minute for a drink from the bartenders... it felt like everywhere you turned there was a server passing by with hors d'Âœuvre... during dinner all of the guests' entrees were served at the same time... which is a great feat with over 120 guests! Our maÃ®tre d', Eddie, was the best! He anticipated all of our needs... without us evening asking him about it! He had food set up in the bridal private room since he knew the groom and I wouldn't have time to eat during the cocktail hour. He had the servers set aside desserts from our Viennese Table just for the two of us, again anticipating that we wouldn't have time to eat dessert! I would recommend any bride to host their special occasion there!
A special New York Restaurant
By amckeldin on 9/8/2008
A wonderful place to take visitors to the Big Apple, business associates, or a date, this cosmopolitan restaurant with an international flavor has attentive friendly service and the views are breathtaking from the outside patio. Fresh food and tasty deserts make for a great dining experience. One of my favorites.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Here’s What to Expect When Alinea Reopens
- Raccoon Lodge Closing on June 30
- Starbucks’s Plan to ‘Revitalize’ Ferguson Might Actually Work
- Pizza Inside a Delivery Box Made of Pizza Changes Everything
- Grub Street’s Restaurant Power Rankings: Jose Garces Opens, New New Nordic in Midtown, a 4-Star Tea Shop, and More