- READER REVIEWS
All Reader Reviews of...
1072 Bay St., Staten Island, NY, 10305
nr. Chestnut St.
A Whole New Same Ol' Bayou
By SilverLake13 on 10/27/2010
In the past year Bayou underwent a major renovation in the decorative department (the food is the same, thankfully). The vibe is more Garden District and less French Quarter/Bayou. The food is consistently great. I recommend the Crawfish Ã‰touffÃ©e and Bananas Foster. (I do not understand why NYmag recommends the crabcakes.) The mixed drinks (ie. Hurricanes) are also great.
Authentic, Unique, and a Gift to Staten Island
By SilverLake13 on 8/8/2009
I went there tonight for my second time and it was even better than the first. The service and atmosphere were perfect--we sat outside and the French Quarter vibe was authentic and not cliche. The food was the best part--authentic cajun/creole for a New York audience done well. The drinks and special nights are icing on the cake.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Ana Gasteyer Loves a Good Mint Julep
- Starbucks New ‘Secret’ Drink Is a Ghastly Purple Nightmare
- World’s Worst Customer Injures Himself and 4 Others After Accidentally Firing His Gun at a Restaurant
- A Chef Explains Why He’s Suddenly Closing His Much-Loved Brooklyn Restaurant
- More Whole Foods Products Recalled Over Food-Safety Fears