- READER REVIEWS
All Reader Reviews of...
12-14 31st Ave., Queens, NY, 11106
nr. 12th St.
By MarinaKuleb on 8/24/2013
Went here after watching Chef Natasha Pogrebinsky on Chopped recently. First of all she was amazing on the show. We had a great meal with four of our friends. We shared the "deviled eggs with smoked whitefish pate," a "cold borscht" that was mind blowing, we had some kind of an eggplant salsa with fried bagel chips...yum! The entrees are pretty big, so def good for groups. We had the "tefteli" that is like a Russian form of meatballs...amazing! We also got the "fish and chips" that came with two really refreshing sauces. The drinks were delish! and well balanced, which is important for me. It's a bit of a trip but once you go your first time you will def want to come back again and again. Oh, and the chef is a celebrity, so go see her while you still can. We already made reservations for the tasting menu, can't wait! PS We came in without a reservation and were seated without a problem, but the space filled up quickly after that.
Don't hesitate - Bear is one of, if not the best in LIC/Astoria
By allergic2contradictions on 12/24/2012
Wonderful in every way imaginable - my bf and I relished each & every extraordinary bite (table bread, appetizers, entrees and heavenly dessert), the cocktails were perfect, interesting menu, attentive service, cool decor. I can't wait to go back!
By NYFoodieForLife on 9/23/2012
Charming, cozy restaurant that has a romantic yet trendy vibe. Very personable wait staff. Reasonable prices and descent wines that are selected each season. They even bake their own desserts in-house! This neighborhood has a few hidden gems and this is definitely one of them. Ask for Natasha (the very hospitable executive chef) if you have any detailed questions about the food or wine, though the exceptional wait-staff should be more than able to help out. The only downside is that its a little bit of a walk from the subway, so we took a cab.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu