All Reader Reviews of...
344 Seventh Ave., Brooklyn, NY, 11215
nr. 10th St.
By kate0822 on 1/13/2006
Beet Thai is a restaurant that has fabulous thai food. I went there on New Year's Eve with my friends; we had lots of fun. We enjoyed our dinner very much. I had an appetizer called "Coconut Shrimp." It was delicious and tasty. One of my friends had something called "Filet Red Snapper w/ Champagne-Vanilla Butter Sauce," and it was so YUMMY! They also have great cocktail drinks. The place is very delightful. I'll definitely go back there again.
Beet it (and not in a good way)
By focaccia9 on 12/16/2005
Truthfully, I did not go to the restaurant for my first Beet 'experience,' I ordered delivery on a recent bone-chilling December day. I can't say anything about the decor/service, etc. since I haven't been, but judging purely by food, Beet really serves up 'average'. I ordered the golden puffs appetizer and golden curry noodles for the main dish and was less than impressed with either. The puffs came with this acidic, cucumber-ish clear sauce that smelled like turpentine it was so unappetizing, and the yellow curry was nothing exciting on a bed of noodles lousy with onions--blecch. Totally takes away from the taste. You can order the same dishes prepared infinitely better at Spice on University Pl. (and, no, I do not work for Spice). No more delivery and had I ever actually been in the restaurant, I would say I wouldn't go back.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu