All Reader Reviews of...
84 E. 4th St., New York, NY, 10003
at Second Ave.
By cantcook on 6/17/2009
Great vanilla French toast. Eggs, not great. Dinner, very mediocre. If you like French toast, it's a must. Otherwise, it's over-priced, not great service.
I've Got Beef (or at least I am trying to)
By FDRE6 on 3/19/2009
I have no objections against the food at Belcourt. That is, when me and my dining companion are delivered the entrees we ordered. NOT while we are still working on our appetizers. However, I do object to being served the wrong meat in my burger. I object to being served that meat undercooked. I object to the faux-apologetic attitude of the server when he realized he served the wrong meat and even more strongly object to waiting 15 minutes to be brought the "correct" meal with the old (now cold) fries still on my plate. Pile that along with being brought the same piece of meat that I initially sent back (still lamb, not beef), getting an attitude when I asked for fresh fries to replace the soggy ones on my plate and the waiter now ignoring my table and I have one more objection- to ever visiting Belcourt again.
By foodielover on 2/20/2009
Delicious, fresh food. Attentive, but not intrusive, service. Relaxed environment. Unique wine list. Fabulous experience.
By foodielover on 1/20/2009
The food at this place is awesome. My boyfriend and I ordered a variety of the starters (they appeared to be more interesting than the main courses), and we were stunned! They were all superb. The food was fresh, delicious, creative (without being over-the-top wild), and hearty. Every dish was great! In addition, the wine was great. I was so impressed that I had to pay my compliments to the chef after the meal. He was friendly (as was the wait-staff) which added to the experience. I will be returning soon!
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Two Men Indicted in Massive French Laundry Wine Robbery
- Lucky Peach’s Chris Ying Follows Strangers for Late-Night Papas Rellenas
- Enrique Olvera Opening Casual Mexican Spot in Noho
- Vegan Restaurant Owners Receive Death Threats Over Animal-Slaughter Scandal
- Watch Key and Peele Go Crazy Eating Hot Wings