All Reader Reviews of...
141 W. 10th St., New York, NY, 10014
nr. Waverly Pl.
Bad Service and Food Was Mediocre At Best
By monique_lavie on 2/4/2011
A friend made a reservation (who works for the Food Network, BTW) for our party, but the reservation was lost and the restaurant barely apologized. We should have just turned around and left at that point. Our server was incredibly nice, but I made it VERY clear numerous times that I do not eat meat. A different person came to take our order and I also made it very clear to that person that I didn't eat meat and they needed to take it out of my monkfish entree. Our entrees arrive 40 minutes later and mine definitely had meat in it. The server didn't believe me and took my plate away. She brought the SAME plate and shoved it back in my face and told me the chef made it without meat. I could see the chunks of meat in the stuffing as she was telling me this. I had another friend try it and she confirmed. Once again I gave the plate back to the waitress and she returns, suddenly remembering there was bacon in the stuffing. Oops. No apologies from her or the manager. She asked me if I wanted anything else. I ordered the salmon since it was the only thing I could remember from the menu. Everyone at our table had basically finished their meals and mine was still being made. The check came and nothing had been comped. In fact, they charged me for TWO entrees (the monkfish and the salmon). Will never go back. Ever.
By GEORGESS on 4/17/2013
RUDE OWNER. Shame because the bar staff were very nice. Owner was drunk and very rude to a woman at the bar. Won't go back.
By enz on 9/29/2011
My friends and I went here for the $1 oyster special but were blown away by the patty melt burger. It may be the best in the city. Great atmosphere and friendly servers - we'll be going back over and over!
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu