All Reader Reviews of...
584 Columbus Ave., New York, NY, 10024
nr. 88th St.
Inconsistent food and rude manager
By Tinna on 6/22/2013
I have ordered delivery from this place couple of times. Their chicken marsala the first two times was so good that I ordered it for the third time and my boyfriend ordered fried calamari. This time when it arrived the calamari was so stinky it was unappetizing the moment he opened the plastic container the fishy smell filled the apartment. My marsala sauce was a tasteless running water nothing like what I had the previous two times. I called the manager David and he said when the food travels for delivery the consistency of the food changes. I was so offended by this response. His tone was very condescending and I said do you mean to tell me that during the two blocks travel my marsala sauce turned into a liquid and the calamari went bad? He said that I'm trying to pick a fight with him and he will not stand for it and hung up on me!!! I could not believe it, I called back and he hung up on me as soon as he heard my voice. Never ever ordering from this place again!
Maybe the cook was on vacation...
By NYCya on 9/6/2009
My boyfriend and I have passed this place many times and take particular interest in the fact that they hire jazz guitarists. So on Labor Day weekend, we decided to dine there and try it out. The staff was incredibly accommodating and nice. Almost too nice. When I complained about the wine being bad, the waitress asked if she could taste it from my glass. The bread was stale and served with ice cold butter. The salad was soggy, and I had to ask for pepper. The entrees were uninspired, not hot enough and not well prepared. I think the only people raving about this place are tourists. I could have done better myself. Nice atmosphere, but really sub par food. Going to stick with Coppala's, which never disappoints. If I return, it will be for the music and not for the food.
By nolshasit on 3/11/2008
Eating here was an an amazing experience. Although it is out of the way, it was not a disappointment. The selection of pastas is wide and the restaurant is simply formidable! I would say that the only down point of this restaurant would be the fact that at one of my dinners there I was insulted by a waitress who insisted that I give a greater tip.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu