All Reader Reviews of...
47 W. 56th St., New York, NY, 10019
nr. Sixth Ave.
Awful service, useless reservation system, umcomfortables common tables
By rtrejo on 1/8/2014
I made reservation for Benihana through Open Table, which is usually very efficient. Although we arrived very punctual to the restaurant, the attendants said that we should wait 20 minutes. So what for are the reservations? When we finally got a table, that was a communal table with other people. Maybe some people like community meals. That was not our case. My family and myself wanted privacy to talk about the holiday we were having in NYC. Disgusted, we asked for the manager but the employee refused to to call him. They were very coarse. The restaurant, for us, was a fraud, starting with the lack of respect for the reservation system. We didn'y accept the table and left Benihana. In the same 56th. St. we found a great steakhouse. It was more expensive but there was not discourtesies. Be aware with Benihana. And don't trust in the reservations system.
An all-time favorite!
By PHYXSCH on 9/19/2012
I grew up in Manhattan and have been coming to Benihana since I was little. Myself and family members have had many birthdays there. The food is incredible, fast service, attentive staff, and you can basically customize your food order because they cook it in front of you. I'm never disappointed. They recently renovated so the ventilation is better, not nearly as hot as it used to be back in the day. Can be a little pricey, but you definitely get your moneys worth with the portion sizes. Perfect place for a date or birthday celebration!
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu