All Reader Reviews of...
52 E. 41st St., New York, NY, 10165
nr. Madison Ave.
Above and Beyond
By raechel on 1/16/2012
If you are after an amazing steak, this is the place. I took some clients out because friends had recommended Benjamin, and the place did not disappoint. The service was warm, the wine prices are some of the best in the city, they are not marking up bottles ridiculous amounts, you can enjoy great bottles of wine at great prices, but most important was the food. Everything was perfect. The steaks were big and tender and amazing. We ordered a Porterhouse for Two for the table, and also shared the Rack of Lamb, Chilean Sea Bass, and Lobster Tails, yes, a lot of food, but completely out of this world. If you want to go out and eat great steak, and drink great wine, and enjoy, this is the place.
By taralevy on 3/14/2011
Excellent midtown steakhouse!!! The service was exceptional! Our waiter was amazing, very attentive and helpful with the menu. Seafood sampler was delicious, and the porterhouse for 2 was delicious. Highly recommend trying the creamed spinach! Its uniquely deliciuos and was not overly creamy. I would recommend Benjamin Steakhouse to everyone who is a Meat and Seafood Connoisseur. Can't wait to go back soon!
By Hawkwild on 6/22/2009
I have dined here and enjoyed myself immensely. The service is friendly and attentive, the atmosphere is lively and not too "men's club"-y, and the food is simply amazing. Order the Porterhouse for two, three, four and go to town. Buttery, tender meat. The appetizers and sides are great as well.
By daniellemulligan on 12/23/2008
I always order filet mignon at steakhouses and order it medium well. The ends of my steak were medium but the middle was rare. I sent it back & it came back absolutely, positively burnt to a crisp. When I told the waiter I was unhappy, he offered me a glass of wine and dessert for free, which was a nice touch.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu