All Reader Reviews of...
93 Ave. A, New York, NY, 10009
at 6th St.
By PhoebeStar on 12/30/2009
Awesome lunch special- with a fresh green salad (or soup.. or chips/salsa) with an awesome burrito (among about a dozen choices), for $9.50.. plus a free soda (but I was drinking vodka anyway...) And there was no charge- or flinch- for my insane requests for brown rice, whole wheat tortilla, soy cheese and tofu sour cream. My BF got the enchiladas- and she was so nice to sub in this insanely delicious tomatillo sauce (and it WAS as good as Barrio Chino's verde sauce, entirely). The waitress was super friendly-- and kept our 1/2 price drinks coming at a perfect rate. All in all a great experience.. I will certainly be back soon. And in response to the twist tie comment: I would gladly eat a twist tie to enjoy their delicious green sauce, smothered in cheese.
found twist tie in burrito
By gigi20 on 8/14/2009
we ate here for the first time today. unfortunately, we found a twist tie (like from a bread bag) in the middle of the burrito. we didn't pay for the one meal and the waiter was apologetic. however, we won't go back. up until then, it had been fine. it was also very very busy and service was a little slow.
Food and Service
By lovingmaria on 8/31/2008
A couple of my friends took me to Benny's on the 29 (Fri).I ordered the Chicken Bay Burrito it was so good and it didn't take long to get it our food.I liked our waiter.A little short guy wit a deep voice.After dinner we decided to hit the bar and relax. It was Horrible the bartender girl took forever to make our drinks and the wrong drink at that.We asked for on the rocks and would get frozen!We had to repeat our ourselves several times.She was a very nice Girl but not paying attention.I don't think i will go there for drinks again but i will go there for the food.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Colonia Verde’s Next Sunday Asado Features Alex Raij and Fany Gerson
- Levain Bakery, and Its Tremendous Cookies, Are Moving to a Bigger Space
- Starbucks Introduces Nitrogen-Infused Cold Brew, Just Wants to Be One of the Cool Kids
- ‘Renegade’ Ice-Cream Trucks Terrorizing Mister Softee Drivers
- Classic Desserts Are Returning to New York Menus