All Reader Reviews of...
412 Amsterdam Ave., New York, NY, 10024
nr. 80th St.
By nicolesh on 10/13/2013
Bettola is a very friendly restaurant that doesn't get the respect it deserves. The atmosphere is cozy and relaxing, and the light from the brick oven adds a warm glow to the dining room. The menu includes interesting salads, pasta dishes, basic entrees and brick oven pizzas.
really great place, delicious food
By alloyd50 on 12/11/2012
Discovered it over the summer with my girlfriend as a tasty, pleasant place to have lunch. When it's warm they open the place up and there are beautiful outside tables. But we visited this week in the cold and it was still delicious. We always have a margharita pizza (thin crust and somewhat small but brick oven cooked and perfect, tangy flavor) and the grilled vegetables. Have to say, I eat plenty of vegetables but I don't necessarily enjoy them - but these are amazingly good. It's squash, zucchini and tomatoes, grilled and seasoned (mainly with salt and pepper) - it's amazingly good. Trust me. Over all, lovely place with really high quality food and wine.
Best Gnocchi I've Ever Eaten!
By meggoberry on 9/7/2012
We went here after the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure. We had a group of about 12 people and for such a small place they handled it fabulously. they have a great selection of specialty pizzas and other classic italian foods. I ordered the gnocchi and it was FABULOUS. I eat a lot of gnocchi and this was definitely some of the best I've eaten to date. I can't wait to go back and have it again!
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations
- Broadway’s Megan Hilty Eats Her First Proper Dinner at Sardi’s