All Reader Reviews of...
1431 Third Ave., New York, NY, 10028
at 81st St.
The most stressful restaurant in NYC.
By egsamame on 3/12/2004
We have never seen a more strung out restaurant with waitstaff and management running at an unreasonable pace. Its all about turning over the tables (we witnessed a table re-set in <45 seconds). Food is marginal at best, decor is poor and there is nothing to love here. The most enjoyable part of eating at Beyoglu was leaving... stressed out!!
By strini on 8/29/2003
I happen to be strolling up 3rd Ave with my mother and it was an excellent find. The food was good, the service was good and best of all was the price. We spent just over $40 for both our meals and drinks. The portions where just right to fill you up and work all the taste buds. You get a very personal touch in this restaurant - and all of this was on a Monday night, I would like to see whats in store for me when I visit on a Saturday night. I highly recomment this place as I have been to Turkey and can make a good comparision.
stick w/meze and you'll be fine
By lala_c on 8/11/2003
A dinner of the various meze dishes will satisfy you w/out feeling stuffed to the gills. The vegetarian sampler is a nice way to start, and then build from there. Terrific mashed eggplant, hummus, and garlic cucumber yogurt dips; the stuffed grape leaves were tender and flavourful. The octupus is marinated in onions, herbs, and tomatoes, making up for the sometimes dry texture. The jig may be up for the "chicken special", which seems to appear on the menu too often to be special anymore. It is a plate of juicy, but generic grilled chicken on a bed of bland rice - too skimpy to justify the cost. Lesson learned, stick with the mezes. A real minus is the staff. The staff is friendly but slow and not attentive enough. Last time I went, we divided the bill between cash and a credit card. This lead to 20 mins. of repeatedly mistaken charges, refunds, and apologies.
By dal8 on 3/1/2003
I went with a group of 30 students from Lehigh University, in PA. We expected small servings and were given approximately 10 courses. The food never stopped coming! It was all delicious. The owner was very friendly, starting conversation with us at the table. The waitors ran to us if they thought we needed anything. The experience was wonderful. I can't wait to go back!
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu