All Reader Reviews of...
212 E. 45th St., New York, NY, 10017
nr. Third Ave.
Great food but rude service
By mwilde on 9/13/2011
Turkish food is great and bi lookma delivers. It is quite busy during lunchtime. The major downside is that the waiteresses are rude and impatient with customers. Yet because the food is good i find myself going back.
Good food, horrible service
By Mrjslade on 9/30/2011
Thought I found a hidden gem for the food, unfortunately, horrible service from strangely disinterested staff and cranky old man (owner?) who was nasty in demeanor to the point of me leaving before ordering = no going back. If I'm paying for food that's not fast food (where spotty service is almost expected), I expect much better - a real shame.
Emek olmadan yemek olmaz (Without effort there is no food)
By Sm579417 on 7/28/2011
If you're at Bi Lokma it's because you read the food was good and cheap. You didn't read wrong. Food: My friends and I started with the Vegetable appetizer (tabbuli, cacik, hummus, braised leeks, piyaz, and ezme) and it was more than enough for the 3 of us. It was an excellent variety and showcased the flavors of Turkish cuisine. Next for our main courses we shared the Stuff Cabbage and Baked Meatball (both served with rice and piyaz). Both dishes were hardy and delicious. Finally for dessert we had the Butternut Squash which is basically a sweet potato pie without the pie. It was terrific but a neighboring party ordered the almond pudding and loudly praised it (they also brought there own wine with them so that might have helped). Service: The waitstaff were quick and attentive taking the time to answer our questions and explain certain dishes. Water was provided and refilled frequently. Decor: It's a small restaurant, managing at best 20 diners at a time. It isn't an intimate setting but it's clean and modestly decorated. Upshot: Expect a wait, brisk (but attentive) service, and excellent variety of Turkish food.
Excellent food, affordable, nice service
By cb85 on 10/12/2011
I've eaten here twice and found the food to be excellent and very affordable. Try the moussaka, it's so tasty, a real treat! It is not served with bechamel sauce on top, a refreshing change. The service has never been a problem for me at all. The waitresses were friendly, polite and very attentive throughout the whole meal, more than happy to bring tap water and more bread. It is tiny inside, but the decor is cute and casual. Definitely give this place a try! I plan to go back again this week.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu