All Reader Reviews of...
237 Columbus Ave., New York, NY, 10023
at 71st St.
A favorite spot...
By girlabouttown on 11/1/2006
If you like a friendly environment, where folks are having a light meal, tasting and enjoying wines, and generally relaxing in a non-"scene" and classy, easy-going way... this is the place. Yes, it is a touch crowded, because it is small. But, it is great to linger inside the wide-open french doors, observing passers-by on the street while catching up with a friend. The wine list is excellent and well-priced. The food is just right and much better than would be expected from a small wine bar. I make a point to go back to this "find" whenever I am in the neighborhood. Just right.
A Touch of Class
By livealittle on 11/27/2005
Finally, a touch of class has arrived on the UWS. Bin 71 is a wonderful neighborhood wine bar! I think the prices are great considering the quality of food is excellent. I heard it's a father-son place too. The dad's the chef and his son had the concept and passion for the restaurant business. It shows. I suggest you go early - it fills up fast and so does your wine glass with a beautiful list and generous pour.
Oasis in desert--but only because it's a desert
By feedmeseymour on 11/5/2005
The food isn't bad and the wine selection is decent--but it's so damn overpriced, even for this neighborhood! This is bad because it filters out all but the nouveau riche 30-40 somethings who are a little too enamoured with their own success. I prefer places that have a greater variety of good folks who aren't as glitzy. I'll go back sometime because it's in my neighborhood, but only because there's nothing else around here.
uncomfortable...over priced and overcroweded
By jboi on 8/10/2005
If you like being surrounded by fat, old, lecherous men, and overyly made up sex in the city wannabes then this is the place for you. The unairconditioned crowded,environs as well as the expensive rates for the supposedly "cheap" fair was a surprise. I left feeling overwhemingly annoyed by the whole affair. Good luck to the upper west sidders that have no idea where to go downtown for a real wine bar.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Introducing the Pie Sundae, Which You Can Go and Eat â€‹Right Now
- CafÃ© Henrie’s Light, Bright Dinner Menu Launches Tonight
- Mayor de Blasio Urges New Yorkers to Avoid Chick-fil-A
- FBI Apprehends Whole Foods Customer It Says Sprayed Mouse Poison in the Store
- Grim New Study Says Some Pacific Oysters Contain ‘a Cocktail of Pharmaceuticals’