All Reader Reviews of...
37 E. 60th St., New York, NY, 10022
nr. Madison Ave.
By Shader on 3/9/2012
Nice neighborhood restaurant, casual & comfortable. However, the service was poor and the food preparation inconsistent. Chef, if you are reading this, cut back the salt and add sherry to your L'Onigion Soupe. More onions and less croutons would be c'est magnifique.
Excellent French with a hospitable staff
By janice22 on 5/7/2011
I spent 10 months in France in '98 and this is the best overall French meal I've ever eaten. We went in Dec '10. Steak frites were fantastic and the frites were so good we ordered an extra plate. Steak tartare was second best I've ever had and I usually order this at French bistros. Escargots were in a red sauce with toast points and while good, didn't please as much as the traditional garlic butter/puff pastry variety. Chef and waiter were from the south a France, hostess from Brazil, they were the nicest restaurant staff and made us feel extremely welcome and happy to spend our money for such a happy, warm, tasty experience.
By kst200 on 8/18/2005
This is a charming bistro in the heart of New York. Shop till you drop on Madison or Fifth and then stop in to refuel. The food and service were both good and the prices were very reasonable for Manhattan.
French bistro serves good, functional French food
By NYVisitor on 8/3/2005
The food is good, and fairly priced (for Manhattan) in a great location. The chocolate mousse for dessert is excellent; the grilled salmon for dinner is reliable, but not outstanding. Service was generally attentive and friendly, although at 10:35 p.m. the busboy abruptly cleared the candle and flower from my table prior to my finishing dessert (Bistro 60 is open until 11 p.m., so I don't think I was overstaying my welcome). Less-than-impressive dessert wine selection features non-vintage Fonseca port overpriced at $12, but main French table wine selections under $10 meet expectations and will compliment your meal.
By ania on 4/8/2003
food was awesome, music excellent and the service made my day, this is definetely a place to visit
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu