- READER REVIEWS
All Reader Reviews of...
22 E. 66th St., New York, NY, 10065
nr. Madison Ave.
Something has changed
By UESG on 9/12/2013
Live in the area and this used to be one of my favorite places but something has changed. Went last week and it has lost its charm. The music seemed different. The waitress was terrible, hounded us to order right away and then we didn't see her again until the bill. Wanted some olive oil for our too stale bread (was going to break a tooth on the crust of this) and a second glass of wine - at least I got the olive oil off of a bus boy but not the wine, in a place this small I shouldn't have to be flagging someone down. My favorite steak frites dish is off the menu and replaced with a sirloin version that didn't have the great sauce at $10 more. In fact all of the items on the menu suddenly jumped $5-$10. It is not Le Cirque prices but for the so-so food, lacking service and dissipated ambiance it is not worth it.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Grub Street’s Restaurant Power Rankings: Dizengoff, Olmsted, GÃ¼nter Seeger, and More
- A Trailblazing Chef Arrives in NYC With This Ambitious New Restaurant
- Sauvage, From the Maison Premiere Team, Debuts in Greenpoint
- Australia Got Its Own Naked Restaurant
- Here’s What Bourdain Learned by Eating Noodles With President Obama