- READER REVIEWS
All Reader Reviews of...
833 Union St., Brooklyn, NY, 11215
nr. Seventh Ave.
By alexd5482 on 5/2/2008
I've been to Black Pearl on more than one ocasion and I think its fantastic. The staff is extremely friendly and the food is mouth watering. I can sit there and just eat from their amazing appetizer menu. Although, my favorite dish there is the Argentine steak, but I wont let down the filet buger. This place is a must if your in the mood for good music great people. Cheers!!!
WEAK DRINKS AND WEAKER AMBIENCE
By justinkasedotcom on 8/2/2007
I have no idea what you other two see in this place, to be honest. I came in for their brunch special, which is in competition from several other neighborhood "unlimited cocktail" spots -- and was sorely disappointed. The place was poorly lit for a brunch and felt awkward -- how can anyone enjoy those uncomfy booths in the mezzanine? Our server took an awfully long time to greet us, to bring us drinks, returned more than once for clarifications and... get this... we caught sight of the bartender putting soda from the gun into our "mimosas" !! So I'm paying for OJ, soda and splash of sparkling wine? I don't think so. Most disruptive of all was the music, piped in from the TV (those cable channels that function as radio stations by playing all one genre all day) -- the bartender kept changing the channels midsong, so the music would stop and a new song would pick up, mid-chorus. Tacky. Granted, the food wasn't bad -- but it was nowhere NEAR tasty enough to warrant the environment (and the mimosa thing made me wonder what other substitutes might be lurking in my omellette...)
GOOD TIMES, GREAT VIBES, AWESOME PARTY PLACE
By anta on 5/29/2007
Been to Black Pearl few times in the last months. Discovered it in the end of 2006 and can't stop going back. Great food, and awesome Saturday Parties with 4 hours of open bar of free champagne. Not kidding you. My favorite dish is the argentinean steak, the tiramisu is great as well and the cocktail (lychetini, mangotini and mojitos) were pretty good in the days I visited. The exclusive Kamala shots just found at Black Pearl (home made) got my attention for sure. This place is a landmark and is the old Union Street firehouse, wich help create the very cosy and historic feel. The outside seating area is great for the summer time and the leather booth section makes the place one to be at night and party with a bottle of Moet or Veuve with your friends. Downstairs you'll find a very exclusive area great for wine tasting , private parties, celebrations and functions. I would say Black Pearl is Brooklyn best kept secret.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu