All Reader Reviews of...
69 Seventh Ave., New York, NY, 10014
at Bleecker St.
Support a respectful NYC and go someplace else.
By ReviewNY on 12/3/2011
Will never order from here again. I got a phone call from the restaurant about an hour after placing an order, telling me they were on their way and would be there in a few minutes. Half an hour later they hadn't arrived so I called the restaurant and they said that the delivery person had left and told me again it should be just another few minutes. Another 30 minutes later we still hadn't received our pizza (we ordered just one pie!) and so I called the restaurant again, gave them my address and they told me that they didn't have an order for that address! I told them it must be a mistake, as I've spoken to them twice already and the man on the phone told me that they had changed shifts about half an hour ago, and had told me that the pizza was on it's way because they didn't see the order the first time and just assumed the delivery person had taken it. When i started to complain about this they hung up on me. I'm disgusted that they can be so rude with so many other pizza places in the same neighborhood. I will certainly choose a different place in the future and hope others will be spared a similar experience as well.
really nice slice
By mistermcgoo on 5/11/2010
Let me preface this review by noting that if you want the best slice in town you need to head to Brooklyn but as far as Manhattan based pizzerias are concerned this is one of the best I've tried. The crust is perfect; thin, crisp and delicious. The sauce is flavorful and just the right amount, the ingredients are all fresh. At $3 a slice its a good deal too. This is by far the best slice in the neighborhood. The decor is nothing special, typical hole in the wall pizza parlor and there's not a lot of room to sit but who cares? Also, be sure to try their special Nonna Maria which is made with fresh mozza and herbs, very tasty and reminiscent of how they do pizza in Italy, simple and delicious.
My Fav in Manhattan
By OTORO on 3/17/2008
The terribly named Bleecker Street Pizza (confused all the time with Pizza Joints actually on Bleecker Street) gets a bad rap because "Craines" a gentrification news paper gave them a super review when they opened. To be fair, when you visit B.S.P. order the Nonna Maria ONLY! It is the only type of pie that gets the accoldaes that they do deserve. Why? Because the Nonna Maria is FRESH, you can taste it a mile away! I find it very hard to eat at average joints again, after having their Nonna Maria. The sauce, the cheese, the crust are fantastic. I just cannot go back to canned ingriedients...
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu