- READER REVIEWS
All Reader Reviews of...
160 Berry St., Brooklyn, NY, 11249
nr. N. 5th St.
thanks but no thanks.
By Subs on 12/28/2012
I went to Blue Bottle's new outpost in TriBeCA. .... The coffee was too strong, Over-caffeinated, and cold. This is despite the fact that I asked for it to not be so strong when ordering it. I was told no. Come on, really? Could you make it a single shot? No. Could you pour some out before adding the milk? No. ... Listen: I go to Grandaisy, Stumptown, I get it. But this was over-the-top pretentious. Maybe this is your kind of thing, but I left annoyed and disappointed. ... I left another, longer review about All Good Things in TriBeCa on that profile page.
Best coffe anywhere
By joelevine on 5/17/2011
This is the only true destination coffee shop in the city. Easily the best coffee if you are prepared for it and like something that is strong and flavorful. Dont ruin a good cup with cream and sugar. I liken it to a first growth Bordeaux when all the other coffee is boxed wine. Hey, some people prefer a simple wine to get the job done and wouldn't appreciate or even like a flavorful, tannic wine. If you want some jet fuel, order the Kyoto but please try it black before you add your sugar and cream. I just wish they had table and chairs to read and/or work from. Oh, and expect to wait while your cup is brewed. They don't use coffee urns like Starbucks or your local coffee cart.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations
- Broadway’s Megan Hilty Eats Her First Proper Dinner at Sardi’s