- READER REVIEWS
All Reader Reviews of...
14 Bedford St., New York, NY, 10014
nr. Downing St.
gourmet essentials and nibbles shop with amazing bread to boot
By GUCCI4B on 6/18/2007
This is a great gourmet essentials and nibbles shop with amazing bread to boot. They do have some prepared foods in the fridge straight back Â– soups (for summer: tomato, cream of tomato, gazpacho and others), cheese (gruyere namely and mostly French and pre wedged and wrapped), drinks (lemonade, Arnold Palmer, idea tea, sweet tea, iced coffee with Mexican Honey) some pre wrapped deli meats (salami type things), yoghurts, maple syrup, pates (did I see once?). Some are other brands and some are Blue Ribbon Bakery Market brands. I prefer the Blue Ribbon Bakery Market Brand as the other stuff I could easily buy at Whole Foods or BaldacciÂ’s at a lower price. I always get a full loaf of 9grainbread Â– the largest they offer (half is the other size) and the most healthy. They bread is so good here. It lasts forever without getting moldy or crusty. I think it is made in the brick oven they found downstairs while building the place. It was so good at first that I though they put like fat in it to make it taste good. But, alas, only honey Â– Mexican of courset. I only buy my bread here now.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Salad Chain Literally Everyone’s Obsessed With Bans Bacon and Sriracha From Its Menus
- Lin-Manuel Miranda â€‹Finally Got His Sardi’s Portrait
- Dairy Queen Gives America ‘Ultimate Frappé’ Coffee Drinks
- GQ’s ‘12 Best New Restaurants of 2016’ Includes Wildair, Untitled, and Mimi
- Olmsted, From 3 Atera Alumni, Opens in Prospect Heights Tonight