All Reader Reviews of...
255 Vesey St., New York, NY, 10282
nr. North End Ave.
Are there two tiers of customers at blue smoke?
By Amusement on 2/4/2012
Just under 2 weeks since their opening, one can definitely forgive botched orders and less than perfect service. But our first meal at the newly opened branch of Blue Smoke was far worse than the average run of the mill "working out the kinks" restaurant experience. Why? Our horrendous service seemed all the worse while tables around us, full of patrons who were clearly "friendly" with blue smoke staff, were being fawned upon all night. Instead, with only half our food order at the table for nearly twenty minutes, I watched my dinner date nearly finish his entire entree before I could get the attention of my waiter to ask about my meal. Afterwards we spent another 20 minutes talking over empty plates waiting to be cleared before we set them on an adjacent table in frustration. We've been fans of Danny Meyer's restaurants for nearly 20 years- this is the first time we've left one unsatisfied. From a man who considers hospitality paramount....it was a great disappointment. Unless, of course, you're friends of the staff.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu