All Reader Reviews of...
199 Bowery, New York, NY, 10012
nr. Spring St.
ALONZO DOES IT AGAIN
By PAISLEY on 4/30/2004
I thought this was going to be another one of those restaurants in a club where the food plays second fiddle to the party. BOY WAS I WRONG. Julian Alonzo (Brasserie 8 1/2) has created a unique and affordable menu. The food is outstanding and the ambience is terrific. You can have a wonderful meal, have a drink in the lounge and then go downstairs to hear live music. I went with a large group so I was able to try a lot...highly recommend the scallops, sea bass and the pork and the chocolate cake is to die for. Can't wait to go back often.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu