All Reader Reviews of...
199 Bowery, New York, NY, 10012
nr. Spring St.
ALONZO DOES IT AGAIN
By PAISLEY on 4/30/2004
I thought this was going to be another one of those restaurants in a club where the food plays second fiddle to the party. BOY WAS I WRONG. Julian Alonzo (Brasserie 8 1/2) has created a unique and affordable menu. The food is outstanding and the ambience is terrific. You can have a wonderful meal, have a drink in the lounge and then go downstairs to hear live music. I went with a large group so I was able to try a lot...highly recommend the scallops, sea bass and the pork and the chocolate cake is to die for. Can't wait to go back often.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Olive Garden Stakes Its Future on ‘Spaghetti Pie’
- Pravda, Another Formerly Trendy Soho Relic, Will Close Next Month
- Scientists May Have Discovered a Way to Keep Bananas Fresh at Least Twice As Long
- New York Accuses Domino’s of Helping Franchisees Steal Workers’ Wages
- Turns Out the Robot Apocalypse Will Begin at Fast-Food Restaurants