All Reader Reviews of...
13 First Ave., New York, NY, 10003
at 1st St.
By Mercy on 5/23/2010
Went late on a Friday night, thus no wait! Mojitos were perfection....nice and strong! And for the most part, the food was excellent. I had the pernil which was on the Specials menu..very tender, limey, not too dry. My boyfriend had the skirt steak with chimichurri sauce...the portion size was much smaller than we usually have and was slightly charred...but the white rice, black beans and side salad were typical Dominican sides done really well. We also enjoyed the bean dip with fried plantain chips, which was complimentary. Easy on the wallet is right and the service was lovely- from the hostess to the waitress and the busboy!
Cachaca Leblon at Boca Chica
By lacam on 11/6/2006
- A great cachaca would be a plus for the drinks - such as Caipirinha. Leblon cachaca: www.liveloveleblon - (live) Music could be a great addition if space is made available. - Good food (i.e. plantains) Lacam
Fab food & margaritas
By willtown on 3/15/2004
Great value - and only a five min. wait on a Friday night!
Great dining out in the city
By richardsr on 11/1/2003
8:30 on a Saturday, friendly staff, food was fantastic good portions and good prices. Place with filled with a lively crowd 3-4 deep at the bar. Will go back, but suggest more booze in the Passion Colada.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu