All Reader Reviews of...
828 Ninth Ave., New York, NY, 10019
nr. 54th St.
By eater123 on 3/15/2008
How can everything get messed up??? I had a horrible experience. The waiter gave us olive-less martinis and never brought us any even when asked. The entrees were sloppy globs of sauce-drowned fish and pasta. We were given the wrong dessert. We were still charged for it. Regardless of all this, I tipped the server 20% and left with a smile. I hope they get their act together. My girlfriend and I left very disappointed. Sad. Highly NOT recommended.
Heaven in Hell's Kitchen
By cavemanlawyer15 on 3/14/2008
Once we saw how creatively the space was designed, my date and I both agreed that it was highly probable the same care would be taken with the food and service. We were not mistaken. Roberto was a very classy and warm-hearted host. The taglierini were outstanding, as was our cold seafood appetizer. This immediately has become our prime Italian go-to in midtown.
Great atmosphere, food and service AND a bargain.
By cmoraetis on 2/2/2008
Really warm setting with wide wood planked floors, subtle lighting and interesting bar arrangement. Food was outstanding with a diverse offering from different regions. Meatballs and Pumpkin Ravoli were favorites. Pastas were fresh. Terrific choice of wines which were surprisngly reasonably priced. Excellent service from Roberto. Reasonably priced and a steal considering the high quality of the food. Really nice addition to the neighborhood. At the time of our visit (Jan. '08) they were accepting American Express.
Nice neighborhood italian wine bar
By ginsbera on 1/24/2008
Great decor, an nice assortment of wines and a rather hefty bar menu make this a wonderful addition to the neighborhood. Prices are very reasonable with portions definitely being larger than you'd expect. No credit cards accepted so be prepared. Sit at the bar if you can, it's gorgeous.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu