All Reader Reviews of...
39 E. 19th St., New York, NY, 10003
By alessandro on 10/8/2013
ONE OF THE BEST AND MOST AUTHENTIC ITALIAN RESTAURANT IN NYC
Good for your 'mouth'
By CaptainCook on 5/29/2009
We've always had great meals at Bocca. They've revised their menu, dropping the Arctic char. They were one of the few restaurants to offer this as a regular item. Oh well. The pastas are terrific, and my compatriots reported the chicken, branzino, and salmon all excellent. The bruschetta, but they are excellent. And they make mean margaritas. The only downside is the incessant music. They could shut it off without losing an iota of the experience.
By NYC_Lady on 2/12/2009
We are huge fans on Cacio e Pepe so we thought that this place would be good...unfortunately it was terrible...it was sooooo overpriced...food was dry and the menu was weak...WOULDN'T GO AGAIN
By mogwai on 2/11/2009
This was my go-to Italian place that I could walk to...I've been many times over the past year, and it was always excellent. But went again last night...seems that they have changed chefs, bc it sucked! The beet salad was just 3 slices of beets with some messy balsamic drizzled over it, some leeks on the side and a chunk of goat cheese. It was just a hodge podge of ingredients -- they definitely didn't go together. And I had to add SO MUCH salt to my pasta dish! I'm soooo sad....
By CaptainCook on 12/31/2008
The pastas I had there were overly cheesed, and very rich. A bit over the top in my opinion. I also had the spare-rib risotto, which wasn't very good (didn't finish). Otherwise, the prices are very competitive; Bocca gives great value. The wine list is also excellent, and the prices reasonable. The setting is good, if a little on the noisy side.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Fairway Market Officially Files for Bankruptcy
- Here Are 2016’s James Beard Restaurant and Chef Award Winners
- FBI Looking for Man Who Sprinkled ‘Unknown Liquid Substance’ Around Whole Foods
- Taliban Fighters Are Unimpressed With McDonald’s Food
- Grumpy Del Taco Manager Fired After Not Understanding How Easy It Is to Post a Video Online