All Reader Reviews of...
584 Amsterdam Ave., New York, NY, 10024
nr. 89th St.
delicious, hospitable, comfortable
By Astorer on 7/2/2011
We go here often for both lunch and dinner and love it. The staff is courteous and the experience is always a pleasure from beginning to end. If I had to come up with one criticism, it's that the menu hasn't changed in three years, but on the other hand, why change what works. (Besides, there is often a nice list of specials, which we sometimes try and always enjoy.) As non-meat eaters, there is a nice range of appetizers to choose from, pizzas, and fish selections. And the bread --which is i amazing-- comes out warm and fresh. Our meals are always delicious and the ambiance is perfect. I'm surprised Bodrum's is not on the ny mag's "critic's choice" list---but from our perspective, that could be for the best, since it's is always packed and it's already hard enough to get a reservation on a Thursday, Friday, or Saturday night.
By brittanycarcova on 10/5/2010
Why does every review and person I know who dines at Bodrum seems to praise its authenticity? Yes the owners are Turkish and the interior, with its white washed walls, simple wood furniture and open-air vibe, does allude to a Mediterranean eatery, but so what? The food is generic and the pizza is not worth the praise it garners. The Merguez Sausage Pizza tasted like someone just grabbed a slice of Domino's and threw some lamb sausage and fennel on top. I tasted my friend's Beyti Kebab and was equally unimpressed; the meat was fatty and over indulged with unnecessary flavors that appeared to mark a failed attempt to improve a poor quality dish. To make a lame experience even worse, half the wines we ordered were unavailable.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations
- Broadway’s Megan Hilty Eats Her First Proper Dinner at Sardi’s