All Reader Reviews of...
23 E. 22nd St., New York, NY, 10010
don't be weary of this celebrity chef's restaurant
By nyathrt on 6/9/2007
i'm always a bit hesitant to try out restaurants run by "celebrity chefs." however, i was really impressed with the food and service at bolo. my friend and i shared the flatbread and couldn't stop commenting on how tasty everything was. although the restaurant did not have sangria in a pitcher that night we settled for white wine sangria by the glass...also delicious. i ordered the paella and my friend had the steak. bolo is known for the paella and i can understand why. great portions and great quality...steak was good too, though the horseradish sauce which came on the side not be for everyone. we did not order the tapas so i cannot comment on that. decor's slightly gaudy but the food and service were wonderful. bobby flay and his partner have established a great spanish restaurant in flatiron.
Incredible Spanish Cuisine
By AFNYC on 2/9/2007
I had my birthday dinner here recently and was really quite pleased with the evening. The neighborhood spot was just what we needed. The service was friendly and very down to earth. It was a cute and quiet place and the food was delicious. We shared the tapas, had lots of wine (huge selection) and I had the crispy sea bass. I loved my dish but wish I had gotten the risotto which my friend had. It was so good. I'll have to get that next time. We also had the cheesecake and some coconut dish for dessert which topped off a really fun girls night.
Bottom Line - It was awesome... Period!
By eldiva on 2/14/2005
Yes it might be a bit pricey - but i barely even noticed! Everything I got was wll worth the money spent - no regrets - from the tapas, appetizers down to dessert...Everythign was well put togther - can't wait to go back !
Unique, festive, mucho gusto
By zeecee on 3/16/2003
From the colorful collages on the walls to the decorative plates, you're aware of the effort Bolo has made to be user friendly. Not only do they have the best Margaritas anywhere and the most delicious paella (one can easily be shared by two), the appetizers and tapas provide a wide array of choices. It's hard to whittle away and select which of the many smaller plates you'll order, so we always share the paella and get a selection of other things. They serve pitchers of sangrias and have a nice variety of drinks. This is certainly an upbeat place, where we always feel satisfied and pleased. It's casual but can be special occasion. It's possible to park there after 6 or 7 pm, but the car will get ticketed after 10 or 11.
- The best reviews give a clear sense of why you liked or disliked a restaurant, bar, or store. And that means details. Mention specifics dishes, type of crowd, pros and cons...
- If it's helpful to compare one place to another, go for it.
- Come up with clever, funny, pithy subject lines, and write in the first person.
- Don't forget to read the user rating guidelines and rules.
- Introducing the Pie Sundae, Which You Can Go and Eat â€‹Right Now
- CafÃ© Henrie’s Light, Bright Dinner Menu Launches Tonight
- Mayor de Blasio Urges New Yorkers to Avoid Chick-fil-A
- FBI Apprehends Whole Foods Customer It Says Sprayed Mouse Poison in the Store
- Grim New Study Says Some Pacific Oysters Contain ‘a Cocktail of Pharmaceuticals’